Decorate these delicious butter cookies with an icing like Confectioner's sugar glaze, colored sprinkles or other decorations.
- 1/3 C butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2/3 C honey
- 2-3/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
1) Mix together the butter, egg, sugar, honey, vanilla and lemon extract .
2) Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture and mix until smooth. Chill 2-3 hours.
3) Roll out dough 1/4" thick on a lightly floured board with a lightly floured rolling pin. Cut into holiday shapes with Christmas cookie cutters or a knife. Reroll and cut the trimmings.
4) Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and if desired, decorate with colored sugar, sprinkles, nonpariels, or other decorations. (If applying icing or glaze, do so after baking).
5) Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies