Potage Noel is a rich and creamy French soup, traditionally served at Christmas time.
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 Quarts (64 oz) chicken broth
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp diced pimentos or whole, raw cranberries
- Thinly sliced mushrooms or truffle
1) Melt the butter and stir in the flour.
2) Add broth and simmer for about 30 minutes, until thick and smooth. Blend together cream and egg yolks and add to broth, stirring constantly.
3) Simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Garnish with truffle/mushroom slices and pimentos or cranberries and serve hot.